Vivekanandan is an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya since 1990 and is also very involved in the Perak State Bar activities. His general practice involves the entire spectrum of civil matters but majoring in commercial and company law. His areas of general practice includes contract, tort, conveyancing, tax, wills and probate, labour law, land law, banking, family law, bankruptcy and insolvency, civil practice, corporate legal advice, advice on overseas investment, Mediation and Arbitration advice.
- Inns of Court School of law, Lincoln’s Inn Barrister, England (1988-1989)
- East London University, England, United Kingdom, Bachelor of laws (1984-1987)
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry (lCCI), Accounting Diploma (1982-1983)
- Barrister-at-law, Lincoln’s Inn, England (was called to the English Bar in 1989)
- Advocate and Solicitor of High Court of Malaya (1990)
Other Related Information
- Founding Partner, Messrs Selvam, Nanda And Partners of 27A, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, 1st Floor Perak Han Kang Kong Hoey Building, 30000 lpoh, Perak, Malaysia (1993-present)
- Senior Legal Assistant, Messrs Thevin Chandran & Associates, lpoh, Perak, Malaysia (1992-1993)
- Legal Assistant, Messrs Maxwell, Kennion, Cowdy & Jones, lpoh, Perak, Malaysia (1989- 1991)
- Company Legal Director of various companies in Malaysia and India
- Advocate and Solicitor, Malaysian Bar (1990-present)
- Protem Chairman of UNESCO National Association of Malaysia (2015-2018) (he lead the Malaysian Delegation to the World UNESCO Federation gathering and elections held in Beijing, China in July, 2016)
Other Related Activities
- Overall Chairman of the Perak State Bar Committee (2012-2014)
- Chairman, Perak Bar-Victorian Bar, Asia Pacific Arbitration and Mediation Learning Centre (2012-present)
- Chairman of Library Sub-Committee (2000-2011)
- Chairman of Library and Building Sub-Committee (2002-2004)
- Chairman of Social Sub-Committee (2004-2005)
Other Educational Involvement
- Trustee and Chairman of Board of Governers of Mahatma Gandhi Primary School, Sungai Siput (N), Perak (1999-present)
- Member of the Board of Governers Methodist Secondary School, Sungai Siput (N), Perak (2004-present)
- He has acted and represented various important civil litigation matters particularly involving commercial and company matters at the High Court, Court of Appeal and the Federal Court of Malaya as Senior Counsel which are reported in the Legal Journals and Law Reports.
- He has organised the Perak Bar Law Lectures in 2013 in the presence of the current Sultan -Sultan Nazrin Shah, the Chief Judge of Malaya at that time, the Chief Minister of Perak at that time, and the members of the Victorian Bar, Melbourne, Australia which culminated in the signing of the MOU between the Perak Bar and the Victorian Bar to establish joint corporation to set up the International Asia Pacific Arbitration and Mediation Learning Centre in Ipoh, and to have legal exchange programmes between the Perak State Bar and the Victorian State.
- He has participated in various conferences on various legal topics and has presented various lectures on corporate and tax matters at the invitation of the Malaysian Inland Revenue.